Wine and food itinerary: Divine flavours and fragrances
Itinerary discovering the Aymavilles village
- Suggested period: all year
- Departure/Arrival: Aymavilles (643 m.) Loc. Cretaz - Saint Martin
- Height difference: 100 m.
The itinerary on foot
- Difficult: T - Tourism
- Indicated tracks: 9
- Complete itinerary time: 0h30
- Parking: loc. Les Crêtes, along the road to Gressan, free parking.
- By bus from Aosta: line n. 2 stop at Loc. Cretaz - Saint Martin
- By bus from Cogne: line Aosta - Cogne stop at loc. Cretaz - Saint Martin
The route winds along the cross-estate roads that connect the various vineyards and the apple orchards to complete the entire circuit of the peak called Les Crêtes. The route is very simple, but at the same time extremely panoramic and interesting from the point of view of the various types of work; it is not rare in fact to find farmers at work and see beehives, milk cows in the pasture, or simply nature lovers taking a stroll.
The itinerary by car
- Itinerary: SR 20 to Gressan, than communal roads
- Time: 2h30
This itinerary is offered by car because many points are not covered or reachable by trails and because the businesses mentioned have a point of sale at which you may purchase products directly.
From the Loc. Cretaz Saint Martin, turn left, following the road to Gressan. After approximately 50 m you reach wine cellar, the business of Didier Gerbelle.
Continuing further, still in the direction of Gressan, you will find the Crêtes agricultural business on the opposite side of the road.
Approximately 1 km after the wine cellar Les Crêtes, turn right following the directions for the wine cellar Cave Cooperative des Onze Communes, overseen by the facility of the private producer Jerusel Omar. Travel alongside the Castle to return to the SR 47 for Cogne in the direction of Aymavilles and shortly afterwards, on the left, you may stop at the wine cellar of Teppex Manuel, who produces both wine and honey.